Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Go right ahead :)
I once had a guy tell me (and many other girls in my class) that we shouldn’t wear make up because “boys didn’t really find that attractive.” It’s almost as if we wore it for them and not because we actually wanted to wear make up.
(submitted by anonymous)
I’ve posted this before but I’m posting it again because it’s just so important and really gets at the heart of why so much advice about procrastination, much of it targeted at people who have ADHD but are just considered “lazy,” fails. Before you can tell someone to “just do it already,” you need to think about the reasons they’re NOT doing it, like all the meanings they’ve attached to vague terms like “success” and “failure.”
That resonates too much. As I sit on tumblr at 1 in the morning, avoid studying for a test I have at noon today.
in 1930 the average wages were $27,481*
in 2012 the average wages were $44,321
in 1930 the average home cost $53,635*
in 2013 the average home cost $289,500
in 1930 the average car cost $8,369*
in 2013 the average car cost $31,352
but no you are probably right, it’s just twenty-somethings being lazy.
- don’t ever feel bad for asking me to tag a trigger
- i do not care what the trigger is
- i will tag it for you
- you have legitimate reasons to be triggered by it
- and i am not one to question those reasons
- so just send me an ask
- anonymous if you’re scared
- and i will tag it all the time in future
- your wellbeing is worth twenty extra seconds of my time at least